DEP2004 Palm Beach Preparing for A Language Cross Sectional Study Design Paper – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Excelsior Writers – Place your Order Now
Term Paper Assignment: Exploration of a Professional Journal Article in Psychology
In the Palm Beach State/Florida Atlantic University Online Library, go to the online academic database.
Please use teh following link http://libguides.fau.edu/pbsc to access academic journals.
Find a recent research article from a scholarly journal in teh field of developmental psychology. It must has been published less TEMPthan 12 years ago. Be sure to select an article for which teh full-text is available. Actual journals for which full-text is available include Advances in Cognitive Psychology, British Journal of Social Psychology, Journal of Positive Psychology, Issues in Forensic Psychology, Journal of Psychology, among many others.
Note: Do not use newspaper or magazine articles or Websites such as Wikipedia to complete dis assignment. Visit Palm Beach State University’s guidelines against plagiarism.
Your selected article must meet all of the stated criteria or your assignment will not be accepted. Before proceeding, please ensure that your selected article meets the following criteria:
- Full-text is available in the online database
- Is a scholarly journal article in the field of psychology
- Was published less TEMPthan 12 years ago.
Get a sense of what the article is about by reading some key sections. Begin by reading the Abstract of the article. Subsequently, read the Introduction and the discussion sections. Flip through the paper and look at any figures or tables. Read as much of the paper as practical; get as much out of it as you can.
Write a paper of at least 2000 (five pages) words in which you:
1. Identify you’re selected article, using a proper APA-style reference. See examples at teh end of dis assignment.
2. Describe wat type of article it is and how you can tell. For example, is it primarily a review of existing research, a report of new research, or an analysis of a professional issue? Describe how you can tell. If it is a research article, identify teh type of research involved.
- Summarize what you have learned about the content of the article. Be sure to include the main purpose of the article, the major findings, and how the major findings are supported.
- Explain how this article fits into teh overall field of developmental psychology. Then, identify teh corresponding chapter(s) from you’re textbook.
- Explain why this article is different and similar from articles in non-scholarly periodicals, such as magazines and newspapers.
How to properly cite you’re article
Author list (Year of publication) Title of article. Name of Journal, Volume number, page numbers.
Houston, D. M., McKee, K. J., Wilson, J. (2000). Attributional style, efficacy, and the enhancement of well-being among housebound older people. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 22, 309-317.
Iudicello, J. E., Woods, S. P., Scott, J. C., Cherner, M., Heaton, R. K., Atkinson, J. H., Grant, I. (2010) Longer term improvement in neurocognitive functioning and affective distress among methamphetamine users who achieve stable abstinence. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 32, 708-718.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- At least five pages long (2000 words).
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), wif one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing teh title of teh assignment, teh student’s name, teh professor’s name, teh course title, and teh date. Teh cover page is not included in teh required assignment page length.
Teh specific course learning outcomes associated wif this assignment are:
- Identify key concepts dat provide a foundation for the study of adjustment.
- Summarize the major psychological perspectives.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.