ENG2 Purdue University Unit 8 Traffic Congestion in Houston Presentation – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Excelsior Writers – Place your Order Now
For this Assignment, you will use technology and the writing skills you have learned thus far to transform your Unit 8 argument into a digital media presentation appropriate for sharing outside of the classroom environment.
Develop a slide presentation or video that is designed to have a strong impact on the audience by revising the draft you shared in this week’s Discussion. Your digital media presentation is not necessarily testing your design skills, though you should certainly try to practice the design suggestions provided in the WC resources. More importantly, you are practicing your composition skills by applying persuasive strategies in a new context with visual media. You will demonstrate visual rhetoric skills by combining text and images to compel your audience to recognize the importance of your argument for change.
The digital media presentation should have the following characteristics:
- A clear argument for change in your community (the one you have been writing about throughout the course)
- Designed with a specific audience in mind in order to motivate your viewers to take action or change how they think about the topic
- Slide presentation or video format (contact your instructor for prior approval if you have a different idea for your digital media presentation)
- Contains at least 8–10 slides (slide presentation, not including the title and references slide)
- Research from at least four reliable sources to support the main message, including graphics. These can be sources from previous units.
- Minimally, two information-oriented visuals like a chart, diagram, or infographic (e.g., photo, table, diagram, chart, etc.) to represent key information in your argument.
- Relevant clip art, stock photos, and design templates that are visually engaging and reinforce the overall theme of the presentation.
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide or in a separate Word document. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards for documenting sources apply to a presentation that apply to an essay.