USCUpstate Psychology Practices in Personnel and Human Resource Management – Excelsior Writers | excelsiorwriters.com
Excelsior Writers – Place your Order Now
- Write a five-to-six page executive summary of an organization’s diversity program. Appraise how well the diversity program reflects the organization’s values, analyze the diversity guidelines and initiatives and their impact on success metrics, and consider a method to measure the effectiveness of the diversity plan.For this assessment, you will write a five-to-six-page executive summary of an organization’s diversity program. You will appraise how well the diversity program reflects the organization’s values, analyze the diversity guidelines and initiatives and their impact on success metrics, and consider a method to measure the effectiveness of the diversity plan.
Overview and Deliverable
Write an executive summary of the diversity program for an organization with which you are familiar, or you wish to study. Be sure to use a fictitious name for the organization you choose. Do not provide identifying information regarding the organization or its employees.For this assessment, you will write a five–six page executive summary of an organization’s diversity program. First, appraise how well the diversity program reflects the organization’s values. Then analyze the diversity guidelines given with the current (in the last four years) research and recommendations from both SIOP and SHRM. For this section, you will research and compare current best practices with the organization’s initiatives. In the next section, you will provide a robust discussion of the metrics that are currently used and what you would recommend to measure the effectiveness of the diversity plan. Use the organization’s values statement and/or other indicators of its values to prepare a five-page executive summary for managers.
Include the following in your executive summary:
- Appraise how well the organization’s diversity program reflects its stated values. What areas need to be reconsidered? Support your assertions.
- Analyze whether or not the company’s diversity guidelines reflect modern-day practices. Provide specific examples.
- Analyze how the organization’s diversity initiatives or policies positively or negatively impact organizational success metrics such as retention, new products, new markets, job satisfaction, and commitment, among others. How would you measure this impact?
- Examine a method that you would use to measure the effectiveness of the organization’s diversity plan, either now or in the future.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 5–6 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point, double-spaced.
- Number of Resources: 8–10 peer-reviewed resources.
- Talent Management
- Casper, W. J., Wayne, J. H., & Manegold, J. G. (2013). Who will we recruit? Targeting deep– and surface-level diversity with human resource policy advertising. Human Resource Management, 52(3), 311–332.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP). (2014). Talent management. Retrieved from http:// www.siop.org/business/succession.aspx
HR Management Considerations
- Dordevic, B. (2016). Impact of national culture on international human resource management. Economic Themes, 54(2), 281–300.
- Patel, P. C., & Cardon, M. S. (2010). Adopting HRM practices and their effectiveness in small firms facing product-market competition. Human Resource Management, 49(2), 265–290.
Diversity and Inclusion Considerations
- Ferdman, B. M. (2013). Toward enhancing industrial and organizational psychology’s contributions to diversity and inclusion practice. Industrial & Organizational Psychology, 6(3), 237–242.
- Hoever, I. J., van Knippenberg, D., van Ginkel, W. P., & Barkema, H. G. (2012). Fostering team creativity: Perspective taking as key to unlocking diversity’s potential. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97(5), 982–996.
- Nga, E. W., & Sears, G. J. (2010). The effect of adverse impact in selection practices on organizational diversity: A field study. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 21(9), 1454–1471.
- O’Donohue, W., & Nelson, L. (2009). The role of ethical values in an expanded psychological contract. Journal of Business Ethics, 90(2), 251–263